Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pedro Vila

I’m from Spain but I lived in Whitefield-Manchester around 96-98. I know Bryan from Night &Day, where we used to talk and drink and sometimes stay behind when doors were shut, he was a regular there as I was too and also sometimes we used to go to other places who served drinks until bit later like 'The Roadhouse', 'The temple of Convenience', [I recall him one morning enjoying so much that he was dancing over the tables] or also the "Ten Bar" ....fantastic nights ........... I also saw some of his performances in late 90's with 'The Mouth' [acoustic sets], although few people turned up I have to say I always enjoyed him playing live.
He was a nice fella and a charming man [and a huge Beatles fan too!] ...and he would not let me pay any drink/round.......I won’t forget his hugs everytime he meet me...they were honest ...like him .....

I will always remember last time I saw Bryan ......despite of hang around sometimes with him I was totally unaware of his collaboration with Mark Burgess on the past [I am a big Chameleons fan] and he never mentioned to me , so one early morning staying at his place [I remember perfectly that night , as it was really funny cuz he didn’t have central heating in the house then, so he was breaking to pieces the place furniture with an axe to warm up us a bit].....well the thing is while I was peeping on his record collection, I saw the 'Zima Junction ' album and ' Tony Fletcher 12" ' vinyl too [Chameleons collectors know how much it's worth] , so I asked him 'You like the Chameleons mate?' and , to my surprise , he replied ' oh yeah, I used to play with Mark in the past'.......When I told him I liked that band , he gave me without to think it twice, and after insisting me a lot, both copies and a single from 'The mouth', which were the only ones he had.... ..I won’t forget that ever. Now they are even more valuable to me.........
Wherever you are I’m sure I will meet you again.... as soon as I leave this planet earth.....


See you again brother........

Still Shocked


___________________________________________________

Please send your memories and stories to bryaninfo@gmail.com

No comments: