Friday, February 10, 2006

Chas Rigby

Through Bryan I got to know all my current Manchester friends, he was so good at sharing them with me. I met him at the New Troubadours in1990 were we shared many a billing together. The 'Troubs' was on a par with some of the Village bars that Dylan mentioned in his "Chronicles". Bryan and I got on well for many years and spent lots of quality time together. He wrote a wonderful review in 1996 for me/my wife Julia often says "the best ever". He also gave me confidence with my craft when my self esteem was low. I remember one night on the way back to Prestwich we were both off our heads and listening to Dylan's Oh Mercy/deciding that the music was too Spiritual and driving was a distraction we pulled over and played it out at some kerbside. There are many memories of him, I last saw him on Bonfire Night at his cousin Dave Werners house/unfortunately we did not get a chance to say much/ I never realised it would be the last time that I would see him. Through him I have some of the best friends that I have ever had/ I was proud to play at the Castle tribute gig last Friday.My heart goes out to his Family at this sad time!

____________________________________________________
Please send your memories and stories to bryaninfo@gmail.com

No comments: